Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Regarding Xbox 360 Streaming Media?

Is there a way I can stream media from my PC using my Xbox 360 without the use of Windows Media Center, Windows Media Player, Zune Player or any other %26quot;player%26quot; application?



These known methods alter my media files by adding media information such as album art and/or change file properties which I hate with a passion. This is done simply because the applications are allowed to connect to the internet, this I know, but why doesn't the applications mind there own f-ing business?



In the early days the Xbox 360 used Windows Media Connect, which I didn't have a problem with, however, it has been discontinued and the older version isn't supported on Vista. Has anyone found a work-around with this or is there a program I can use just like it?



Also, how do I go about finding an application that utilizes every codec known to man so my video files are supported through the Xbox 360? Is this even possible?



This would be a big help, and I certainly don't mean that I'm looking for a way to convert all my friggin' files, I just need an application that will play them just as if on the PC.



Lastly, if I decide to stop using my PC through my Xbox 360, how do I make the name of the PC go away from within the menu on the 360? It just seems to hang around.



Many thanks in advance with your time and patience, friends.Regarding Xbox 360 Streaming Media?You'll have to use Windows Media Player 11 to setup the connection, but you don't have to double-click Windows Media Player to stream media (it's done from the Xbox 360 so you can forget you ever had Windows media Player on the PC if you prefer using other media players like Real or Quicktime etc.



Only the supported codecs work on the Xbox 360, so no Quicktime, MKV or RMVB files, I'm afraid. Personally, I don't use the Xbox 360 to stream video, I use an original Xbox that I softmodded with XBMC.



To remove your PC from the Xbox 360's list, simply disconnect it from the network.