Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How to get .flac files to play in windows media player?

I downloaded and installed WMPTagSupportExtender.1.4, then opened WMP 11.0.6002.18065, went to tools %26gt; plug-ins. Made sure it was checked, went to properties and under %26quot;supported tags%26quot; flac is there, but under auto-refresh tags %26quot;when browsing media player%26quot; is uncheckable and faded. I have %26quot;When WMP starts%26quot; and %26quot;when adding file to library%26quot; checked.



Then I dragged in the .flac files into wmp and they show up in %26quot;unknown artist%26quot; and I can change the name of the artist/song/year/genre and album art but it shows up as 0 kb/s and I can't fastforward or rewind by dragging the timer. It just stays there at the beginning the whole time. Is there any way to get around that? Perferably the being able to go back and forth part. Thank You.How to get .flac files to play in windows media player?FLAC files are too bulky for most programs to use comfortable. I suggest using something like Winamp [1] or maybe SUPER [2] to convert them to something more playable. Both are free.