Monday, September 19, 2011

Printing on rubber, mobile phone etc?

I have just replaced the back of my sony ericsson w880i mobile cell phone. Yes... it is the w880i if you are wondering, and I have changed it. The back is plastic, with a slightly rubber texture, so its not shiny and when you draw on it with pen it doesnt smudge of easily. Now, I have an image I would like to put on the back, I am a good artist so if it means drawing it... then fine, but preferable, I would like to know how I could print the below picture to the back of my phone.

Im talking about just the lineart of the bug soldier, not all the cool effects round it, so its a pretty straight forward lineart image.



http://www.forfeitthegame.com/album-art/Printing on rubber, mobile phone etc?acrylic paint (or printing ink) will do. You could make a lino block or stencil depending on detail. I would seal it with PVA (or proper varnish- ask in art shop). It may still peal off as is plastic based but worth a go.Printing on rubber, mobile phone etc?I think I know what you are talking about...you print the size and color you want then put a few coats of -POLYMER VARNISH. You need it to have a good thick texture and let it dry over nite.



Then wet the back of the picture with water and gently rub the paper away. There should be the image and slight color of the paper that is in bedded from the polymer. You can a exacto knife to cut the shape you want then glue it to the phone.



If you want to do that then still use the polymer on it and glue the image on the phone. It should be shiny and sealed.