Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ipod Help ... just wondering about Synchronizing and my situation?

I often put songs on my ipod and then later change some of the info, such as album names, or maybe the genres or album art that goes along with them, however when I change this in my itunes library, it doesnt make my ipod have the new changes that I have made to the song in my folder.



Now I know synchronization has something to do with this, but you see I am scared to do synchronization because I am not sure how it all works and I have heard of people plugging in their ipods at a friends house and then it all gets deleted and things like that, and I am not 100% sure myself but I am guessing what synchronization does is makes sure that any changes that have happened in your music folder on itunes also change on your ipod?



Also, I have some songs I lost the files for so they are on my ipod still, but not in my library, and if I try to play from library its not there, but it works playing from my ipod ...



I am not sure if I will lose these sorts of things :/



Thanks in Advance!!! :D:DIpod Help ... just wondering about Synchronizing and my situation?One iPod can sync content from only one computer's iTunes. You can't %26quot;add%26quot; content from different iTunes, as the iPod merely copies what's in the iTunes of that particular computer.



As for song information, everytime you alter a song's information (be it an addition of album artwork or deletion of lyrics), the iPod will erase that song from its memory and resync that file from the computer. The same goes for movies. If you change one letter from a movie's name, say Ratatoulle to Ratatouille, your iPod will erase that movie from its memory to resync that whole movie on your computer back into itself. It basically does this because the iPod checks if the content on the computer matches those on its memory. If there isn't a match, it thinks that That particular file had been erased, but there's new content to by synced.



Sometimes, syncronization can go screwy, so that songs under the same album may appear to be in two different albums under the same name on the iPod. Try erasing anything under %26quot;Album Artist%26quot; (not Album), so that all songs will be sorted according to the album.