Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do you change the cover art for an album [not a song]?

How do I change the cover art for an album that I already have on my ipod? Is there a way to change it in itunes? Or would I have to delete all of the songs and add the album and songs to my ipod again?



Heres and example of what I am talking about--



there are about 6 songs that are on the same album, however the cover art that is showing up on my ipod is not the correct cover art and I want to change it and make it correct. I tried to edit it in itunes by going to the music section for my ipod and editing the album art for the songs, but for some reason the cover art is coming up as a solid black square on my ipod.



So how do I change it? By the way, I know how to change the cover art for an album that is in my itunes library; that is not what I am asking. I want to know how to change the cover art for an album and the songs associated with that album without having to delete the songs and add them to my ipod again.



Thanks. =)How do you change the cover art for an album [not a song]?ok, so you go to itunes, obviously :D, and pick the song for which you want the album artwork changed... the iTunes store is probably giving you the wrong artwork, this happens sometimes. click on the song and right click it, and choose %26quot;clear downloaded artwork%26quot; -- if you purchased the song off iTunes, sometimes it wont delete it.



if in that rare case the artwork wasn't deleted, right click the song and chose %26quot;get info%26quot; and click on %26quot;artwork%26quot; at the top. there, you will see a picture of the current artwork (if any). click on the picture on click delete. that will delete the current artwork... now, go to google or yahoo images and search for the correct album artwork. when you find it, save it to your computer. (remember to where you saved it.) once you've done that, click on %26quot;add%26quot; (next to the delete button you just clicked on) when you click it, you'll get the new window for you to locate the picture you want to add (note, it doesnt have to be the actual artwork. if you want to add a picture of a chicken or something for the artwork, you can do that.) so, click the picture you want for the artwork and it'll show on the little preview window and then click OK. it will then be saved as the album artwork for the song you chose. since you are doing it manually, you are going to have to do that for each and every song that you want a different album artwork for.How do you change the cover art for an album [not a song]?left click and then click info. click on artwork and copy and paste =]